JEM Engineering is a world class supplier of antenna and antenna systems for military and commercial applications. With our headquarters in Laurel, Maryland, JEM is looking to expand with bright, motivated individuals with a drive for excellence. We are a dedicated, highly experienced engineering firm focused on the development and validations of antennas for manpack, vehicular, and airborne use.
Equal Employment Opportunity
JEM Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. JEM Engineering prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. JEM Engineering conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
We are hiring for the following positions:
We are seeking an experienced Radio Frequency (RF) Technician to join our growing antenna engineering firm located in Laurel, MD.
The RF Technician IV will work under immediate supervision. They will rely on instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job.
- AS in Engineering or equivalent with ten (10) years’ relevant technical experience which may include hands-on fabrication to specifications using general shop equipment (i.e. bandsaw, table saw, drill press, etc.)
- Troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of antenna testing equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office software package (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of current manufacturing processes
- Ability to to communicate clearly with customers and antenna engineers
- Ability to work with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive project goals.
- Team player
- Strong work ethic, including ability to work independently
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of antenna and/or RF theory and experiments
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the antenna industry
- Soldering experience
- Collaborative development and fabrication of prototype designs based on engineering specifications
- Setting up, checking and correcting operational and experimental electrical machinery, circuitry, and equipment adhering to pre-established guidelines of the organization’s engineering specifications
- Other duties assigned by your supervisor to assist the JEM Engineering team
THIS POSITION REQUIRES USE OF INFORMATION OR ACCESS TO HARDWARE WHICH IS SUBJECT TO THE INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS (ITAR). ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE U.S. PERSONS WITHIN THE MEANING OF ITAR. ITAR DEFINES A U.S. PERSON AS A U.S. CITIZEN, U.S. PERMANENT RESIDENT (i.e.”GREEN CARD HOLDER”), POLITICAL ASYLEE, OR REFUGEE.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation time with unlimited rollover
- Paid sick leave
- Retirement plan (401K)
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Option to elect for Health Insurance / HSA
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
ATTN: Human Resources 8683 Cherry Lane Laurel, MD 20707 Phone: 301-317-1070 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t see your position? Feel free to fill out a general application so we have your resume on file. We’re always looking for talented people to join our team. No Third Parties Please We wish to hear directly from interested candidates. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer