For the past fifteen years, JEM Engineering has been committed to both our customers and to the community. In celebration of our 15th anniversary month, we are partnering with various organizations to raise funds for multiple causes, as well as to lend additional assistance where it is needed.
We invite you to join our crusade in the spirit of giving.
Please feel free to contact us for more information about any of the following events.
Mon, 9/11 – TBD JEM + AMERICAN RED CROSS
JEM Engineering, through the American Red Cross, is providing financial assistance to households that were severely impacted by recent Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Jose, and Maria.
As part of our efforts, we are also collecting monetary donations from the community. If you are interested in donating, you may contact us for additional information.
Why donate through JEM? Make your donations go twice as far!
Every gift you make is significant in our disaster relief efforts. We want to double your gifts so that our efforts will move twice as fast!
JEM will match donations you make by 100%.
Mon, 9/25 – TBD* DONATION DRIVE HOSTED BY THE TABERNACLE CHURCH
To further our disaster relief efforts for the victims of Hurricanes Irma and Maria in Puerto Rico, JEM Engineering is participating in a donation drive sponsored by The Tabernacle Church of Laurel, Maryland.
The church has graciously put together a list of non-perishable items, which they will be collecting indefinitely, as disaster relief efforts in Puerto Rico continue.
Canned and Powder Milk
Canned Juices/Juice Box
Plastic Cups, Plates, Utensils
Clothing & Shoes (All ages)
Men & Women Underwear (All sizes)
Shampoo & Conditioner
Feminine Pads and Tampons
If you wish to make a monetary contribution, please make checks payable to “Tabernacle Church.” The funds collected will be used to purchase the items on the above list.
You may drop-off your charitable donation(s) at the church, located at 11601 South Dr. Laurel, MD 20708.
* This is an ongoing effort. However, the FIRST out of hopefully many collections is due to ship out on Friday, September 26, 2017.
For additional information, you may contact the event staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (301) 490-3838.
TBD** BLOOD DRIVE
JEM Engineering is also excited to partner with the American Red Cross to launch the second of what we hope will be many blood drives. We’ll be working together to give back to the community in a truly life changing way since each donation we collect can save up to three lives.
** Due to the overwhelming volume of individuals the Red Cross is currently servicing, at this time, we are not able to obtain a set date for our blood drive. The initial date of Friday, October 13, has been postponed indefinitely.
If you are interested in participating, please click the button below to fill out the interest form. We will be sending out more information in the weeks to come.
There are many ways you can help, but most importantly we hope you come out to donate. Although we greatly appreciate every person’s interest, we need at least 200 participants in order to make this a successful event! We encourage everyone to extend this invitation to others!
More ways to give
If you wish to send aid to the victims of recent hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Jose, and Maria independently from JEM, this is a short list of trusted resources.
- American Red Cross Hurricane Harvey Relief – “The American Red Cross is using donor dollars right now to provide shelter, food, comfort and emergency support for individuals and families affected by Harvey. ” (American Red Cross, 2017)
- American Red Cross Hurricane Maria Relief – “The American Red Cross is launching a multi-island relief effort with government officials and disaster partners to help people impacted by Hurricane Maria’s devastation in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.” (American Red Cross, 2017)
- Red Cross Hurricane Irma Relief – “The Red Cross honors donor intent and all donations earmarked for Hurricane Irma will be used for our work to support this disaster.” (The Red Cross, 2017)
- Unidos Por Puerto Rico – “United [for] Puerto Rico is an initiative created by the office of First Lady Beatriz Rosselló and a private sector group who joined forces to help those who lost their belongings during the Hurricanes Irma and Maria by Port Rich. As part of this effort, a Telethon-like concert will be held on October 1 for the benefit of the victims of the hurricanes that devastated our Island.” (Unidos Por Puerto Rico, 2017)
On behalf of these organizations, as well as the people whose lives they save, we thank you kindly for your generosity.
More about JEM’s Community Outreach
While JEM’s mission is to provide quality products and services to both its customers and team members, JEM also cares about the community in which they operate their business. See below for some of the organizations JEM is active in:
- Laurel Pregnancy Center – Financial Donations & Baby Drive
- Elizabeth House Homeless Shelter
- MS Bike Ride
- Asthma Bike Ride
- Teen Challenge
- Laurel Advocacy and Referral Services (LARS)
- C4 – Closet Toy Drive